I scour the internet for recipes I can recreate, and that’s the only reason I’m on TikTok. (Well, aside from watching the adorable puppies.) This baked feta recipe has been doing the rounds of social media with so many variations, so I just had to try it out myself. Obviously, roasting a block of feta cheese with bursting cherry tomatoes and roasted garlic is going to be an explosion of flavor.
How good was it? Enough to break the internet? I hate to say it, but yes, it was worth the hype. Especially if you love cheese and you want an easy, no-fuss but fancy-looking meal that’s good enough for that nice potluck dinner. Oh, the joys of going to a potluck party and proudly saying, “I made this myself!”
Have you tried this recipe?
@thekitchendiaristThat baked feta pasta we all tried. Not bad at all! ##bakedfetapasta ##fyp ##foodtiktok ##thekitchendiarist ##pasta♬ Italian Concerto 3rd Movement / Bach(958957) – takai
- 2 packs cherry tomatoes (approximately 300 grams each pack at Landers)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 block feta cheese (approximately 200grams)
- 500 grams pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a large baking dish, add tomatoes, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the block of feta cheese.
- Add smashed garlic cloves.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
- Mix the tomatoes and feta, add chopped basil, and add pasta with some pasta water (this is important, as the pasta water will help make the dish creamier).
- Add some Parmesan cheese.
- Serve while still warm. (Or reheat for 20 minutes, 350F before serving.)